WPS | Washington Professional Systems is an iconic, family-run AV systems integration company with over 35 years of experience. Our team are experts in their fields and are constantly helping customers solve complex and challenging problems. WPS clients include Fortune 500 companies, professional sports teams, famed international performance venues, recreation and theme parks, and governments at the local, state, and federal levels. WPS is well-respected and known in the industry for producing the highest quality work, regardless of budget or project size.
We have exciting opportunities available for CAD operators to immediately join our talented and experienced team in our Mount Laurel, NJ Offices. This is a Permanent position. Salary as per market standard.
We are looking for a Draftsperson/CAD operator with a minimum of a two-year degree in the field of CAD technology or an equivalent combination of education and work experience. The ideal candidate must be able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and be familiar with developing layouts from schematics. Experience with AutoCAD/Revit required. Ability to read, manipulate, modify, and plot drawings with an emphasis on electrical symbols and plans as well as conduit systems. These skills, in conjunction with the ability to create elevations, sections and equipment details as related to the AV industry are required. BIM and 3D modeling experience a plus.
- Work with AutoCAD and construction drawing preparation
- Develop and generate all necessary drawings for integrated WPS customer projects
Coordinate with Design Engineers Project Engineers and Project Managers to complete drawings accurately and timely
Responsible for contributing to job documentation as needed
- Receive red lines from team members and project managers, and make necessary adjustments
- Use feedback to modify existing designs, use problem-solving skills to develop alternative solutions to unforeseen engineering issues, and keep all completed drafts in a company database for future access and reference.
- Responsible for making changes on site plans/ construction drawings as requested
- Prepare multiple versions of designs for review by engineers.
- Communicating issues and foreseeable problems to project managers quickly
- Utilize all tools and programs at your disposal to manage work correctly and in a timely manner.
- Handle multiple projects and/or tasks simultaneously without letting the quantity of work affect the quality of work
- Be proactive in time and workload between projects and teams
- Other tasks and responsibilities as assigned by the senior management team
- High School Diploma or GED
- College or Technical School a plus
- Minimum 2 years industry/field experience required
WPS offers competitive compensation and benefits packages including:
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
WPS an equal employment opportunity (EOE) and affirmative employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.