WPS | Washington Professional Systems is an iconic, family-run AV systems integration company with over 35 years of experience. Our team are experts in their fields and are constantly helping customers solve complex and challenging problems. WPS clients include Fortune 500 companies, professional sports teams, famed international performance venues, recreation and theme parks, and governments at the local, state, and federal levels. WPS is well-respected and known in the industry for producing the highest quality work, regardless of budget or project size.
WPS is rapidly growing and we have exciting opportunities available for Field Technicians to immediately join our talented and experienced team. WPS seeks Field Technician with 5 or more years of experience in audio, video, control, and lighting system integration. This is a customer facing position, and you will have the unique and exciting opportunity to play a central role in our integration projects, working for high profile clients throughout the Washington, DC Metro (DMV) area and beyond.
Our ideal candidate will be responsible for assisting with field integration of new systems, and field support of existing systems. This candidate should be able to show the versatility to work in mechanical, low voltage electrical, software and networking disciplines. To be successful in this role, we are looking for candidates who are self-motivated, highly organized, have strong troubleshooting skills and are driven to learn as the technology evolves.
WPS’ integration staff is known for producing high quality work based on established best standards and practices. Precise dependable work output is essential and requires patience and an attention to detail. Consistent, error free work based on defined standards are key measures of job performance success.
This is a permanent position. Salary as per market standard.
- Field installation and commissioning of A/V equipment, including, but not limited to: wiring installation, equipment rack wiring, display and projector mounting, control and DSP software loading and testing, network configuration, final system testing and client training
- Take responsibility for accurately updating field documentation
- Provide as required field support of existing WPS systems
- Provide as required phone support of existing WPS systems
- Be comfortable field troubleshooting non-WPS systems
- Perform scheduled preventative maintenance visits to contracted clients
- Assist with performing technical site surveys as needed
- Other duties assigned as needed
- Valid Driver's License and a Motor Vehicle Record that meets WPS driving standards
- Ability to perform physical on-site tasks, such as walk stairs, climb ladders and scaffolds, and carry materials in excess of 50lbs
- Ability to drive to/from multiple jobsites within the DMV
- AVIXA CTS or CTS-I Certification preferred
- Have 5+ years of experience in A/V systems integration
- Fundamental understanding of principles of networking
- Be able to read/interpret and mark-up architectural and signal flow drawings
- Be able to setup, test, commission, and troubleshoot A/V systems and equipment
- Exhibit knowledge of A/V principles and best practices for installation and integration, as outlined by BICSI and AVIXA
- Exhibit knowledge of digital audio protocols (Dante, AVB, Cobranet etc.)
- Have familiarity with Crestron, AMX, Extron, Q-SYS, and Biamp systems (certifications a plus)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
WPS an equal employment opportunity (EOE) and affirmative employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.