WPS | Washington Professional Systems is an iconic, family-run AV systems integration company with over 35 years of experience. Our team are experts in their fields and are constantly helping customers solve complex and challenging problems. WPS clients include Fortune 500 companies, professional sports teams, famed international performance venues, recreation and theme parks, and governments at the local, state, and federal levels. WPS is well-respected and known in the industry for producing the highest quality work, regardless of budget or project size.
WPS is actively seeking a certified Project Manager to take ownership of large scale, commercial AV integration projects from conception to completion.
The Project Manager is ultimately responsible for the overall direction, coordination, scheduling, resource management, implementation, execution, contractor/subcontractor management, control and completion of audiovisual systems integration projects. Project Managers ensure projects achieve scheduled completion milestones, meet scope of work requirements, delivered on budget, highest quality, and safely to obtain complete customer satisfaction.
- Work directly with clients, contractors/trades, architects, and project staff to coordinate all scope of work and project resources per contract requirements
- Review and understand Scope of Work, project specifications, contracts, etc. to properly manage project phases through completion
- Responsible for leading project kick-off meetings among project staff and third party resources (sub contractors)
- Responsible for effective communication with customer/contractors including change orders, delivery, on-site work, etc.
- Provide regular updates to project and corporate staff as necessary
- Attend project meetings with applicable staff, contractors, etc. either on-site or remotely as required
- Manage overall procurement schedules to ensure on-time delivery
- Review project status weekly with project team to maintain schedule, budget, etc.
- Manage on-site processes to ensure that contract terms are in compliance at all times, and inform management of potential claims, significant cost over-runs, or other impacts to the financial and legal concerns of the company.
- Retain responsibility for management of subcontractors and billing schedules for payment
- Prepare routine project reports
- Keep accurate files/records of all aspects of the project throughout
- Develop and maintain a strong relationship with customers, respond to questions/inquiries, and drive project results to satisfy project and customer needs
- High School Graduate (or equivalent GED)
- College degree highly preferred in related field
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in AV technology or related construction field
- Ability to travel
- Experience in construction management software systems
- Highly proficient in Office 365 applications (Excel, Word, Projects)
- Valid and current PMP certification
- AVIXA CTS Certification (CTS-D or CTS-I preferred)
- Clear demonstration of understanding construction project phases from Program/Conceptualization through Construction and final Commissioning
- Thorough understanding of project financial reporting and management of revenue, cost and margins including percentage complete and progress accounting
- A thorough understanding of related construction trades (electrical requirements, HVAC, acoustical considerations, general construction practices)
- Detail oriented, independent, self-starter
- Ability to succeed with little direct oversight and management
- Exceptional time management skills with a track record of meeting deadlines and budgets
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to analyze and communicate difficult technical concepts concisely and clearly
- High level of problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Effectively manage multiple simultaneous projects
- Valid Driver’s License
WPS offers competitive compensation and benefits packages including:
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
WPS an equal employment opportunity (EOE) and affirmative employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.