WPS | Washington Professional Systems is an iconic, family-run AV systems integration company with over 35 years of experience. Our team are experts in their fields and are constantly helping customers solve complex and challenging problems. WPS clients include Fortune 500 companies, professional sports teams, famed international performance venues, recreation and theme parks, and governments at the local, state, and federal levels. WPS is well-respected and known in the industry for producing the highest quality work, regardless of budget or project size.
WPS is rapidly growing, and we have exciting opportunities available for AV Engineers to immediately join our talented and experienced team. WPS seeks strong candidates for the AV Engineering position. This position is remote and will work with teams at our Wheaton, MD or Mount Laurel, NJ offices. This is a permanent position.
- Experience with AV, IT and/or telecommunications projects
- Familiarity with IT, telecommunications, A/V, and electrical equipment including related materials and specifications
- A clear understanding of project phases, including Program, Conceptualization, Schematic Design, Design Development, Construction Documentation, Construction, and Commissioning.
- A thorough, demonstrable understanding of the construction process, installation, and integration as well as architectural and construction drawings and specifications.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Proficient in AutoCAD and MS Office 365
- Ability to read, manipulate, modify, and plot drawings with an emphasis on electrical symbols and plans as well as conduit systems.
- Ability to create elevations, sections, and equipment details as related to the AV industry.
- BIM and 3D modeling experience a plus.
- Certifications or training with at least one DSP platform (Biamp, QSC, ClearOne, etc.)
- Avixa CTS certification is required
- Avixa CTS-D preferred
- 3+ years of experience in AV systems design
WPS offers competitive compensation and benefits packages including:
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
WPS an equal employment opportunity (EOE) and affirmative employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.