WPS | Washington Professional Systems is actively seeking an Audio-Visual Systems Sales Engineer to act as the technical lead supporting our sales account management team during the pre-sales process for all design/build opportunities as well as assisting staff in the preparation and estimating for bid project responses. As a Sales Engineer, you will oversee the completion of all technical deliverables required in Request for Proposal (RFP) responses, completion of preliminary schematics, bill of materials development (with pricing), overall labor estimations using the WPS estimating systems, and defining the project scope of work. Sales Engineers will be expected to travel to customer sites with account managers as needed.
WPS is an iconic, family-run AV technology integration firm with over 35 years of experience. We are experts in our field and have developed a reputation for helping customers solve complex and challenging problems. WPS clients include Fortune 500 companies, professional sports teams, famed performing art venues, theme parks, and governments at all levels. WPS is well-respected and known in the industry for producing the highest quality work, regardless of budget or project size.
- Work directly with sales/account management staff to develop RFP responses, budgets, designs, equipment schedules, estimates, timelines, and manage client expectations
- Oversee and/or develop the preliminary design and RFP with Bill of Materials (BOM) and supporting documentation in conformance with WPS proposal standards
- Develop detailed design documentation based upon standard WPS engineering practices
- Coordinate with WPS Engineering Team to transition projects to construction phase
- Competently respond to Federal Government related documentation requirements and RFP procedures
- Generate functional system descriptions, preliminary concept drawings and design documents
- Provide overall technical expertise and coordinate with account managers throughout the sales process
- Provide support to the engineering department through the build phase projects
- Maintain industry expertise through ongoing continuing education, participation in industry trade shows, seminars, and educational forums as required by management
- Additional duties as requested by management
- 5+ years’ experience as a system design engineer or design consultant for broadcast & large-scale AV systems
- AVIXA CTS Certification (CTS-I or CTS-D)
- Demonstrated knowledge of broadcast system equipment, facilities, and systems utilized in the broadcasting industry.
- Experience working with the Federal Government and other governmental agencies
- Strong attention to detail, highly organized, and self-motivated
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work effectively within a team
- Ability to set priorities, meet deadlines and multitask
- Willingness to work off-hours and travel as needed to meet client deadlines
WPS offers competitive compensation and benefits packages including:
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
WPS an equal employment opportunity (EOE) and affirmative employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.