WPS | Washington Professional Systems is a family-owned and operated AV systems integration company that is seeking an Accounting Manager who isn’t afraid to roll up their sleeves and ‘get things done.’ As the WPS Accounting Manager, you will be responsible for overseeing, monitoring and evaluating all day-to-day accounting activities for the business. Our Accounting Manager will be a valuable partner in the full cycle of accounting including building close business relationships with clients and the WPS team to ensure accurate billing, collections, recording of journal entries, and overseeing the day-to-day financial activities of our business.
This position will require the ability to work independently and autonomously on a wide range of financial duties including managing the day-to-day financial operations of WPS. This is a high visibility role with the ability to grow with the company.
Our ideal candidate will have 5+ years of general accounting experience and have a bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field.
We are looking for someone who is highly organized and detail oriented. This position is a full-scale accounting position that will require someone who likes a challenge and can handle many details, tasks, and transactions.
- Managing the general accounting function of WPS
- Provide regular financial reporting and analysis to CFO and ownership
- Prepare general ledger entries
- Reconcile GL accounts
- Evaluates and makes appropriate improvements to internal accounting processes
- Provide financial projections by coordinating budget/forecast preparation; collecting, analyzing, and consolidating financial information; advising departments on the collection and analysis of data.
- Lead and direct the work of the WPS accounting team.
- Maintain sufficient funds by forecasting cash requirements and obligations.
- Administer bi-weekly payroll through ADP
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Access, Excel
- Working knowledge of Accounting and Payroll software and systems. Navision and ADP preferred
- Knowledgeable on Government contracts.
- Strong organization skills, flexibility, and the ability to set priorities
- Ability to prioritize and juggle concurrent demands
- Work accurately with close attention to detail
- Maintain confidentiality of sensitive information
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related discipline required
- CPA preferred
- 5+ years of experience in the field of accounting
WPS offers competitive compensation and benefits packages including:
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
WPS an equal employment opportunity (EOE) and affirmative employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.