WPS is an iconic, family-run AV systems integration company with over 35 years of experience. Our team are experts in their fields and are constantly helping customers solve complex and challenging problems. WPS clients include Fortune 500 companies, professional sports teams, famed international performance venues, recreation and theme parks, and governments at the local, state, and federal levels. WPS is well-respected and known in the industry for producing the highest quality work, regardless of budget or project size.
WPS is actively searching for an Accounting Administrative Assistant who values working in a family owned and operated business. If you are comfortable performing a variety of accounting related tasks and enjoy an informal work environment this is an ideal position for you.
In this role, you will perform various tasks throughout your day to support our growing finance department such as billing and payroll, provide support to vendor relations, reconcile accounting statements, answer telephones, file paperwork, and scan documents.
The focus of this job is on producing high quality, detailed work. Accurate, consistent work output is essential and will require you to manage and complete tasks on time with consistent and error free work serving as key measures of job performance success.
This full-time role will require you to be in our office, Monday-Friday 9am-5:30pm.
- Providing support to the Accounting Department
- Performing basic office tasks, such as filing, data entry, answering phones, processing the mail, etc.
- Handling some communications with clients and vendors via phone and email
- 2+ years of experience working as either an Administrative Assistant, Accounting Assistant or Bookkeeping Assistant.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Experience with accounting software
- Strong MS Word and Excel skills
- Familiarity with basic accounting principles
- Have a strong attention to to detail
- Thrive working in an informal environment with minimal supervision
- Take initiative and approach challenges in a proactive manner
- Enjoy attending to multiple and varied tasks throughout the day
- Appreciate working independently
- Demonstrate strong written and verbal communication skills
WPS offers competitive compensation and benefits packages including:
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
WPS an equal employment opportunity (EOE) and affirmative employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.